Food for Students and Staff
We will be opening as of Thursday April 2 at 1pm, we are open to everyone not just students.
We are aware that food insecurity is a problem in the community and during this time we are here to help. Sometimes money doesn't come in, loans get delayed, or you've got other things to deal with. Don't worry, whether you need long term assistance or just a few meals to get by, please come visit us.
Students must provide your student ID (example Dalcard) and or one form of id with your date of birth on it,
Community members must show id with full name and date of birth.
Hours of Operation:
Thursday (starting April 2, 2020) 1-5
Starting April 6. 2020, Monday 12-5 and Thursday 1-5
All are welcome, there is no cost to the food.
You are able to access one basket of food per every seven days.
Please bring your own reusable bag to carry your food home in!
(check here for real-time schedule) Hours are subject to change due to the current health issue.
You can find us in the lower level of the SUB. Please use the side entrance of the Student Union Building located on Seymour Street.
To help you and our staff practice safe social distancing measures, we have put the following measures in place:
- Pre-filled bags will be assembled by staff volunteers (never more than 5 staff total) and clients will be served one at a time in the vestibule area.
- If you would like fresh produce, one of our staff members will assemble it for you and once the bag is complete it will be placed in the vestibule for one at a time pick up.
- There will never be direct user contact.
- There will be tape marking 2m (or 6 ft) apart for the lineup outside.
- No person other than staff will be allowed to enter the building past the vestibule (the first set of doors).
- Staff will adhere to provincial and Feed Nova Scotia guidelines with respect to personal protective equipment, safe distance and no contact parameters.
- Facilities Management have and will continue supply available cleaning supplies and support the removal of garbage and provide custodial care of the Lower Lobby & Wellness Room washroom.
- Please read and follow our signage at the SUB.
Due to the current health concerns we are not accepting any new volunteers at this time. The Food Bank is an incredible resource that survives because of volunteers. Please come join the team! For more information click email email@example.com
Looking to make a food or monetary donation?
- Through the DSU: please contact us at our email firstname.lastname@example.org
We are in need of the following items....
Tomato soup. pasta sauce
sauces or condiments mixed vegetables
Rice Kraft dinner type pasta
noodles Beans without Pork or meat in them