Book the DSU Active Listening Team!
The Dalhousie Student Union's Survivor Support Centre specially trains volunteers are available to attend public events, university events, or classes to provide active listening support to attendees.
All of our volunteers have received our Active Listening Training which focuses on supporting people that have experienced violence, trauma and specifically supporting survivors of sexual assault and harassment.
What do active listeners do?
- Provide dedicated support
- Provide space to debrief
- Can give information about resources on or off campus
Why should you book an active listener at your event?
- Makes your event more accessible to everyone
- Create safer spaces
- Help minimalize harm from potentially challenging or triggering content
- It’s free
* Active listeners are not counsellors and do not give professional referrals