The TEDx Event Coordinator will be responsible for the planning, volunteer coordination, promotion, and execution of the TEDx event run by the Dalhousie Student Union. The TEDx Event Coordinator position is for student leaders who will dedicate themselves to the details and logistical planning of the TEDx event held each year in March. This position directly reports to the Vice President of Student Life (VPSL). Deadline for applications: Thursday, October 12th at 5:00pm.
- Visioning: Establish a clear idea, direction and purpose for the event
- Event Programming: oversee the creation and design of the event: creation of theme, curate speakers, select entertainment, design a schedule for the day
- Logistical Organization: booking a venue, catering decisions, technical production, video production and post-editing
- Promotions: Develop connections within the DSU and Dalhousie University to promote the event within the university and the community
- Manage the budget
- Coordinate and recruit all volunteers
- Meet regularly with the VPSL and attend the weekly volunteer meetings
- Prepare an end-of-year report
- This position requires between 10-15 hours of work per week, beginning during the final week of October
Please answer the questions below in about 100 words.