The Survivor Support Centre offers non-judgemental, active listening, and support to anyone who has experienced or has been affected by sexualized violence. We offer a confidential Phone Line for survivors, active listening services, and peer education.
To volunteer with the Survivor Support Centre, we ask you do the following:
- Complete Nova Scotia’s Sexual Violence Strategy “Breaking the Silence” Training online at https://breakthesilencens.ca/training and send a copy of your Certificate to the Survivor Support Manager at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Complete a Criminal Records Check and Vulnerable Sector Check: This will be paid for by the SSC and the Manager will send you a link and instructions to the email you provided in the online form.
- Complete the following form to register for training
- Complete the two-day survivor support, phone line, and active listening training (taking place September 15, 2018, 8:30am – 5:00pm and Sunday, September 16, 2018, 9:00- 5:00pm, DSU Council Chambers, 2nd Floor.)
- Complete the iCarol training to provide text support (to be made available soon)