The primary purpose of the Student Accessibility Fund Committee (SAFC) is to create an open and accessible DSU (Dalhousie Student Union) for all Dalhousie students, regardless of physical or mental differences or access needs. We will strive to represent the interests of all Dalhousie students with disabilities, both internally on the DSU Council and in the greater University community, by promoting the social benefits of an accessible campus here at Dalhousie University.
What We Do
We will handle the funds entrusted to us by students responsibly, and when possible reinvest these funds to help the students we represent. We are proud to offer bursaries of up to $1000 each year which are open to all Dalhousie students with disabilities. The SAFC recognizes that there are additional financial burdens associated with having access needs, and these bursaries are provided to help defray these costs.
*If you prefer alternate document formats (such as a physical copy) please visit the DSU Member Services Desk located in the SUB (2nd Floor).
- Download and complete the .pdf application (that can be completed electronically or physically), and attach your completed application to this form, or email it to firstname.lastname@example.org. The application can be found here: link.
- Attach receipts, quotes, or invoices for any services or equipment needed (below)
- Attach a personal statement or recording (below)
- Attach student loan summary, medical costs, etc. that relate to this application (below)
- Attach proof of registration with Dalhousie Student Accessibility Centre or Provincial Government acknoqledging your access need