- Be self-directed and have the ability to work independently
- Demonstrated experience leading environmental initiatives
- Excellent teamwork and the ability to work successfully with others
- Possess excellent teamwork skills and have the ability to work cooperatively with others
- Experience leading groups and organizing volunteers
- Interest in growing a culture of sustainability within the Dalhousie community
- Responsible for university and community outreach (e.g. partnerships with the Office of Sustainability, College of Sustainability, Dalhousie Urban Garden, other universities, etc.)
- Work alongside the Internal Director and the Steering Committee to plan events on and off campus, collaborate with student societies, advocate for environmental issues, and provide support to existing campus initiatives.
- Co-facilitate the DSUSO Steering Committee meetings with the lnternal Director
- Responsible for completing DSU society training and understanding DSU policies
- Managing social media accounts (e.g. Facebook, Twitter, etc.)
- Manage grant requests and facilitate the Steering Committee’s response to them.
- Coordinate and recruit volunteers for tabling, events, etc. (e.g., society fair)
- Alongside the Internal Director, coordinate hiring for all DSUSO commissioner positions (e.g. Green Week, Green Gala)
- Take on new initiatives and/or issue-based campaigns to encourage sustainability on campus and in our communities.
This is a paid position from August 1st, 2017 to April 30th, 2018:
- August 1st to April 30th, $15/hour for 14 hours a week (39 weeks)
- and an additional 10 hours of training in April, $15/hour.
DSUSO would like to thank all of those who apply, however only those selected for an interview will be contacted.